You and your dog may have more in common that you realize. Like you, your dog has an endocannabinoid system(ECS). Every mammal, in fact, has receptors in its body for cannabinoids — chemical compounds that are found in hemp. When they interact with the ECS, these non-psychoactive compounds help govern the body’s appetite, sleep, mood and memory. This is why dogs and CBD oil are a good match.
Holistic vets have been sending us some interesting reports about the benefits of CBD oil for dogs in their care.
Dogs and CBD oil
Considerably more the ECS and cannabinoids are associated with how we battle irritation, the guilty party in numerous illnesses. Cannabidiol (CBD) has additionally demonstrated hostile to disease properties that enhance survivability for canines, and also people. CBD likewise encourages two-path correspondence among the frameworks in your body. Before the revelation of the ECS in the 1990s, researchers didn’t trust that this sort of correspondence was even conceivable. Today they trust it might be the key that empowers the ECS to keep the body in an adjusted condition of homeostasis.
Good Health for Your Dog
You can see why supplementation with CBD can be such a healthful advantage. It’s not about getting high, it’s about staying maintaining good health, for your dog as well as for you. That’s why Elixinol carries the complete line of Pet Releaf Edibites, powered by pure, organic, hemp-derived CBD.
Hemp Oil-Cannabis Sativa Oil, 100% Pure_No Fillers or Additives
- HORMONE BALANCE- May Help to Maintain a Hormonal Balance
- HIGH OMEGAS- Hemp has valuable Super Omega-3 and Super Omega-6, which can help the body metabolize fat
- GREAT FOR SKIN AND HAIR- Can be a Skin’s Protective Layer – Assists with Dry Hair
- FOOD GRADE DELICIOUS- Great for use in smoothies, salads, vegetables, on toast and pasta dishes
- PAIN RELIEF- May assist with pain levels. Follow directions on bottle and seek the advice of a health care professional.
Nutiva Organic Hemp Oil, 24 Ounce
- Nutiva organic hemp seed oil is cold expeller pressed without use of chemicals, preservatives, or additives from whole, raw hemp seed. It is not a cannabis extract made from the leaves and flowers; it’s a vegetable oil pressed from the seed and is not a source of THC, CBD, or CBN oil.
- Please note: this product is not a source of THC or CBD. This is Hempseed Oil not CBD Oil.
- Great for use in smoothies, salads, vegetables, and pasta dishes
- USDA certified organic
- Non-GMO Project Verified
CBD Is Not Psychoactive
CBD (cannabidiol) is a compound found in cannabis and hemp. THC (tetrahydrocannabinol) can also be found in cannabis and it’s this compound that gives marijuana its psychoactive properties. Most CBD oils are just that … the beneficial CBD without the THC. And they typically come from hemp, not marijuana. In short, your dog won’t get “high” from CBD oil … he’ll get the relaxation without the intoxication.
Choosing A Good CBD Oil For Your Dog
Not all CBD oils are the same … you’ll want a high quality CBD oil that works, so here are a few things to look for:
- Make sure the product is organic: If it isn’t organic, your CBD oil contains pesticides, fungicides or solvents.
- Don’t cheap out: The higher the quality and purity, the higher the cost. Don’t price shop … make sure your CBD oil is free of additives and has a good amount of CBD.
- Get the analysis: Ask for a lab analysis of the amount of CBD in the product. Many CBD oils contain only small amounts of CBD. The manufacturer should provide a certificate of analysis. You’ll also want to make sure there is little or no THC in the product.
- Buy CBD as a tincture: You can buy CBD in treats but the best form is in a tincture. This way, you can adjust your dog’s dose drop by drop to make sure he gets the most benefit.
Start your dog off slowly but don’t let the naysayers tell you CBD isn’t a good option for your dog … the research is being done and the results are very promising.